Saturday, January 2, 2010

How it Began

Woke up to an extremely cold and snowy morning, wishing it would REALLY REALLY snow! Also really wishing I had the clothing and the will I guess to go out and take a run! Decide to complete this post and play some wii fit plus instead! I would really recommed the wii fit plus to anyone considering purchasing it, it is AWESOME!!

The how and why I decided to run goes like this. I am an avid lover of the show Biggest Loser. For the past couple of seasons at the very end the last 4 or 5 constants have to run a whole marathon! Some of those people go from 300 + pounds to running a 26.2 mile marathon in like 16 weeks which is AMAZING! So while I was sitting on my couch, probably eating something wondering why I gained about 15lbs of my 40lbs lost back, last spring watching the marathon episode I told myself why can't I do that? The only answer I could come up with in my mind was "You CAN DO that, you are the one holding yourself back and you have to make that decision to get up and DO IT!!" So about a month the Beef festival 5k came around and the office was going to walk it, so I did as well and LOVED it! People were getting awards, there was FOOD, people just hanging around talking having a really good time enjoying each other. That was all it took for me as I was hooked from there. Next week was the RunfortheBrass 5k and I was there along with Baylee and had decided I was going to try and run as much as I could. I think I did great for my first time and again the environment was just great! The next week brought the HeartofKy 5k, again I was there and running. Great environment except this time something wonderful happened. I got an AWARD for 3rd place female 30 -34 age group!!! HOLY COW!! ARE YOU SERIOUS!!! I knew from that point it was on, this is something I am enjoying and it is good for me. I competed in a 5k race almost every Saturday since June 6 to compete in 25 races and winning 11 awards!! And the best thing is I feel like a winner just for saying I did it and I can do it and I WANT to do it!! Gerard also hopped on board and is a runner as well, although he can't compete in as many races he do 5 and got 2nd place male 30-34 in his 1st race!!



I don't have a goal of completing a whole marathon but do for a half. As soon as I heard Lexington was having one in the spring I knew that was my sign, it was destine for me to do it. I am going to sign up for it. Right now I feel very doubtful that I can run the whole 13.1 miles but by gosh I AM going to give it my best try and THAT is ALL that matters!! Right now I am up to 5 miles on the treadmill which is totally different than outside running but I guess it still counts!



Until next time....

No comments: