Monday, February 1, 2010

8mile Long Run - Survived & Took the PLUNGE!!

Yesterday I survived the 8mile long run, although it was on the treadmill, I did complete it. I even thought at the begining of it "I would not complete the whole 8 today maybe just go 5" but then after I started going I decided "NO you are suppose to be training for a half!!!" It took me 1:36:47 which I believe came out to be a 12:05 pace, Not Bad at all!! So tonight I decided to go ahead and take the PLUNGE and REGISTER for the half!! I am officially now comitted to doing the Lexington Half Marathon!! Guess we will see how and where it goes from here!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job, and good luck with your half!!

schpadoinkle said...

I know this post is a few years old, but I just wanted to say that I'm totally enjoying reading about your journey from the beginning. I ran a few 5K's last year, and then completely fell off the wagon, gained like 30 lbs, and now I'm back at it again. I just did my first 2 mile run in a year, and while it was awesome, it was so incredibly difficult when I think about how easy I was running 4 miles the year before.

Anyway, thanks for the extra boost of motivation :)