Sunday, September 19, 2010

Race for Recovery 5k

**This was not a full 5k it was only 3mi exact.**
The girls and I decided to do this race since our "Serres" race wasn't until today we thought"why not??" It was about an hour away from where we live and who doesn't enjoy a road trip! We were the first people to arrive and found out that only about 10 people pre registered, there ended up being about 30 - 45 people total. Okay either we are really gonna rock this or these folks are gonna show us up. It was a cool Saturday morning so we sat in the car, jammed and such.

Me, Katrina & Sheri
As you can tell in the photo above we were sizing up our competition getting ready to do this! Off we go, about the entire first half was down hill which was NICE!! We had a nice pace (8:30) and felt comfy, we reached the 2mi mark at around 17:33~NICE! Then this nice long ongoing hill came, but we just paced it out the best we could to just keep on going. On the way up that hill I kept hearing a grumbling sound finally at the top of the hill, when I could talk again, I asked Sheri "Is that your stomach growling?" Yep it sure was! There was also this cute little boy with a mohawk that really didn't want us to pass him but we finally did. Not realizing this was only a 3mi race not 3.1 I looked at my watch, we were at 2.75 and my time was 25 something ~OMG! Made the final turn up the last little hill to hear the announcer say here comes our first female finishers again OMG!! Again it was a small race but there were several women and most in my age group which was by 10's so I was in the 30-39. But Sheri was the 1st female with me right on her heals for 2nd female!! And we got PR's(26:23 for me) double bonus!! Then just as soon as we get some water open it up and take a drink, what is that here comes Katrina and she is UNDER 30 mins!! HOORAY all 3 of us got PR's!! Wouldn't you know it they didn't give awards for top 3 male/female finishers but Sheri and I did get 1st place in age, sorry Katrina but you did PR!! AWESOME JOB GIRL!!
On closing I would like to share some pics that show why I LOVE my running buddy! I am SO LUCKY to have found her and am VERY THANKFUL I have!

Don't forget tonight is the last night to enter my CEP Compression Sock giveaway!!
Winner announced with race report number 2!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Great run. Running buddies are awesome!

racing dawn said...

So fun to win! How exciting! Just made a new running buddy during a race this weekend. What a difference having someone to run with makes! Fun pics... :) Congrats to all three of you on your PR's!

Runners Fuel said...

Awesome run!!

Anonymous said...

#1 ... woo-hoo!!! Seriously, I need a small race... getting bling is a nice confidence boost, isn't it?

chris mcpeake said...

congrats on the race

Sheridan Lee said...

I love you too!

Teamarcia said...

congrats to all 3 of you! WTG!

Q said...

Congrats to all 3 of you!