Saturday, December 10, 2011

Oh What a Week- Almost House Fire, Car Trouble and a Winner

Wow what a week it has been for me! It all started last Sunday morning I woke up at 5am to get a drink of water and use the bathroom, a few lights in the house had been left on so I was going around turning them off and I heard a hissing like sound?? I use some electric heaters in our house and just assumed it was making the noise I was hearing so I turned it off, turned to walk back through the kitchen and the hissing noise got louder, I turned around to look AND......
 
There was a FLAME shooting out of the cord our fish tank is plugged into! OMG!!! I went into panic mode for a brief second, wasn't sure what to do, so I grab the cord and unplugged it from the wall. As soon as I did that the flame went out. I am SO thankful I just happened to wake up when I did or our house may have just went up in flames!! (and possibly us!)









Then Friday comes along, time to head out for work I had started my car early to clear the frost. I go out to leave jump in my NEW 2011 Volkswagen Jetta that I have had since June and the engine light is on and an "EPC" light?? Ok I back down the driveway get on the road and my car doesn't want to drive, it starts sputtering and jerking!! Once again this week ~OMG!! The hubz is an awesome mechanic so I called him and asked what do I do, his answer GO HOME and call the dealer. They sent a tow truck to pick it up!! Sure enough when it gets there Jane (that's my cars name :) was perfectly fine all the lights were out and it ran just fine!! Isn't that always the way! But because everything is so super smart these days the computer in the car had "memory" of what happened so they could see that something really did happen and I didn't make it up however they couldn't find anything to fix since everything was showing fine. It possibly could have been some bad gas, hoping so anyway! The scary thing about that is I am going about 4hrs away to Tennessee today for the last (I think it will be the last anyway) race of the year so I am very thankful it happened at home and not away from home.

And finally the WINNER of the Plain Clothes Runner Cadet Hat is........
Miss Zippy!!!  Send me your mailing info and I will get your wonderful hat right out!!

10 comments:

Teamarcia said...

Wow. Thank heavens you caught that fire when you did. Too scary!
Congrats MZ!

Mom_2_Pippa said...

Fires are so scary! We dont use a furnace in the winter becasue propare is so expensive, so we just heat with a wood stove and Im always paranoid about chimney fires, ect. Thankfully, my husband is really good about keeping ours cleaned out but still....glad everything is ok and good luck at your race!!

Elle said...

Glad to hear it all turned out okay. Very scary, house fires and car trouble!

Congrats to Miss Zippy!

Running Moose said...

Sounds like a 6th sense kicked in for you to help you wake up!! House fires are not fun- the house ours was attached to (we don't live there anymore) was gutted by a fire and we lost our attic bedroom. Scary stuff to come home to- my wife got home in time to see a burning mattress being thrown out of a window by the fire department.
I can relate on the car trouble, too. Thankfully by brother in law is an awesome mechanic and lives 2 blocks away!

abbi said...

Yikes! It's really good you were where you were to catch the flame and get it taken care of. That sucks about the car too, I hate any car problems and the fact that it is new would be even more frustrating!

Suz and Allan said...

So glad you guys are ok! That could have been so much worse.

cathysrunning said...

Amazing that you woke up at just the right moment! Hope the rest of your week goes smoothly!

It's my first time visiting your blog! Love it!

cathysrunning said...

Just got your Xmas card today! Thanks! I think it's such a great thing...a Christmas Card Swap!

Nicole said...

Christmas cards went out today for Group Cookie! :)

Caroline said...

thank you for your card!
scary thing about the fire...good thing you were there...