Monday, March 26, 2012

Could it have been the Water??

In my last post I told how I woke up in the middle of the night on a Saturday with an awful belly ache. Well here is my theory as to why I think it happened......
At the Shamrock Shuffle 3k in Lexington, Ky I noticed there was a water hose hooked up to a fire hydrant leading to a trailer that was dispensing the water for the runners. Fire hydrant water?? Really?? The side of the trailer had the name of the local water company so I assume it was filtered somehow someway as is was being dispensed  but who knows. I read about the disaster from the Las Vegas RNR about the water and was a little concerned about drinking this water but I was thirsty! I had to drink something!! The water inside the building was in coolers so I'm assuming it was the same water?? Granted that was about 9am when I drank the water and my belly ache didn't hit me until 3am, but I still wonder??  It wasn't just any old regular belly ache I woke up holding my stomach moaning and groaning and stayed in the bathroom for about an hour!!

What's your thoughts?? Could it have been the water???

3 comments:

Penny said...

I think it could of been the water. But I know how you feel after a race, all you want is some water. Sorry to hear that you woke up with such bad stomach pains. I hope everything is better no. Something to think about when I do my next race.

Caroline said...

I say yes
since reading about Vegas I carry my own water. I have seen races since Vegas using fire hydrants

Crystal said...

seems like i read on one of the emails the shuffle sent out it would be hydrant water. i think derby is the same way.