Monday, May 14, 2012

Life is an Emotional Rollercoaster......

Any Desperate Housewives watchers? I LOVED the show and am heartbroken that it is now over~ forever! While watching the finale last night and thinking about everything going on in my life right now it has really had me thinking......(it really doesn't pay to start thinking!) and once again maybe I shouldn't share all of my thoughts with the whole wide world but hey why not it is my blog after all!

I was glad that the Housewives ended without any terrible tragedies and thought it was super sweet when Karen McCluskey spoke up to take the blame during Bree's trial. I totally think I would do the same for my friends if I was already on my death bed and then when she died it left me thinking, if I died tomorrow who would come to my funeral? Would I have lots of regrets of things I should have done or things I should have said? Would people that I hope are my friends but maybe have grudges or in differences towards me at the moment be able to let go of those things and morn me? I'm sure I have made several people upset over my lifetime thus far.  Will I know who's there? Who knows and why do I have those thoughts right now? Crazy thoughts I know!

Then there is my oldest Daughter.....she graduates High School this Saturday which of course makes me think of the last 18yrs of her life! It seems like just yesterday she was a little baby. Along with the graduation stuff comes my father who will be coming. Since 2009 I have seen my father two times and that was only due to the deaths of both of my grandmothers. Needless to say we aren't the close father/daughter type although many years ago I couldn't imagine my life with out seeing him. Why are things so different now? Is it my fault? Maybe partly but not totally. Even though our children are getting older I can not imagine not making the time to see our girls.

At the end of the Desperate Housewives it flash backed several things they had all done together good and bad and then how they all separated and went their own ways. As we get older our friends tend to become our "family" and we really need to hold them close and cherish the time we do spend with each other. It seems like any more so many lives are cut short for illness' beyond our control. Life is just full of ups and downs. Live each day to the fullest.

Not sure where all this has come from within me just some events in my life that has left me thinking! Trust me I'm alright just deep in thought:)

1 comment:

Courtney said...

ugh i'm sorry you're going through this, especially to read your latest that he's not coming. hang in there L)