Friday, May 4, 2012

Migraine's Suck & My Awesome Shirt

Check out the awesome shirt my awesome #1 fan my mom purchased me! I LOVE IT!!! I wore it to the Derby expo;) Thanks mom!


Yesterday morning I awoke with the worst headache EVER!!! I thought it was a sinus headache and took some sinus medicine, however that didn't help at ALL. There was no possible way I could go to work and tried to lay back down in hopes it would help. Then starting about 8:30am for every 30-45 mins I was throwing up until 2pm! I truly thought I was dying! (well maybe not dying:) I do believe if I wasn't home alone I would have had someone take me to the hospital, it was that bad. I called my husband right before he got off work and asked him to PLEASE stop and get me anything that said for migraines over the counter medicine. He came home with Advil Migraine and thankfully within 2hrs of taking it my headache was beginning to ease up! After 20+hrs in bed and half the day throwing up I finally felt better this morning!


Anyone ever have migraine's? How do you combat them?


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

6 comments:

Caroline said...

love the shirt~!! so cool!!!!

migraines...yes
I used to have a lot more and now it is better and for me the reason is because I take bio identical hormones and progesterone is key.

Erik Ammon said...

Ew, migraine. My wife gets them. They usually go away after she gets sick a couple times. She has to be careful of what migraine medicines she takes because of other medical issues and is basically helpless when they come because of that.

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

I have had about ten in my life and they suck. My best solution is a quiet dark room and sleep at the first sign of one. Not always easy now that I have kids!

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

I have had about ten in my life and they suck. My best solution is a quiet dark room and sleep at the first sign of one. Not always easy now that I have kids!

Courtney said...

LOVE the shirt, you're mom is awesome!

sorry about the migraine. i tend to get them when i'm dehydrated or when there is really loud noise (concerts, ballgames). i either do exedrin migraine or two ibuprofen and a diet mtn dew!

Suz and Allan said...

That is an awesome shirt! Props to your mom for getting that made.

Migraines are the worst! It's been awhile since I've had a really bad one. I got them a lot more often when I worked at the bank and was stressed all the time.