Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Run the Bluegrass(RTB) Training Week 3- Nailed It

This crazy cold weather is causing me to be lazy at home, not necessarily in running but at home I just want to do nothing.....NOTHING AT ALL!! 

2012 was such an awesome year for me in running, for most of the year I ran 5 days a week and I actually think it helped me in getting faster. 2013 I wasn't as disciplined and was lucky to get in 3 -4 days a week and I was quite a bit slower. I decided I want to try harder in 2014 and get back(or closer) to where I was.

Last week I ran 5 days!! 
Which might have a little something to do with the feeling of doing nothing, LOL!

I planned on 4 days but Gerard hasn't been running in the last 2½ weeks he wasn't ready for a  9 miler and I didn't want him to either to avoid injury!! So being the awesome wife I am (I know right:) I told him I would break my long run up into two runs so I could go with him. The only thing I didn't like about that is that meant I ran four days in a row! The last run on Sunday was a little tough and mentally challenging I almost cut it short by a mile but gave myself a little pep talk and finished it out:)

 I would have rather been able to do just a 9 mile long run but it doesn't kill me to change things up every now and then especially when it means I get to run with the hubs!

All in all I have to give myself a pat on the back I'm proud of myself for completing the mileage goal for last week!
Here's how it went:
Jan 14- 4.3 mi
Jan 16- 5.05 mi
Jan 17- 4 mi
Jan 18- 4 mi with Gerard:)
Jan 19- 5.05 mi
Weekly Total- 22.42 miles

How's the weather in YOUR neck of the woods? At this moment it is 14° with the wind chill making it feel like 3° BRRR its cold!
Does the weather affect how YOU feel? Make you feel LAZY? Hang in there Spring will be here before we know it!!

RUN HAPPY:)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Our weather is in the low 60's which may sound warm but it's Florida and that's pretty cold to us.