Tuesday, February 24, 2015

The Tooth is Gone and So is a Piece of my Lip!

Hooray! I am so glad that is over. Yesterday I finally had my tooth surgically removed for this big baby that was a huge feat! Here's what went down....

I wasn't really sure how I was going to get there I figured Gerard would go to work since he missed so much last week due to the awful weather. Monday is his day off. When the alarm clock went off and he replied I don't know if I'm going I said I could sure use your help today. For whatever reason I am the type of girl that will ask everyone else before I ask my husband to do most things, why I really don't know other than I just don't want to bother him. Anyway he took me dropped me off I was nervous so nervous. I did great through the x-ray that was a cool machine as I've never had the stand up one before then we went back to the room I was a little more nervous. Thankfully the nurse was extremely nice and easy to talk to. I told her I was a big baby about everything but I'm sure I wasn't the first. One of my best friend works there also but she's the business manager however she was available to hold my hand if needed....I sucked it up and put my big girl panties on :) The IV was the worst part but that nurse was great it was only a quick stick and over! I am also friends with the oral surgeon although I haven't seen her for a while she's a running buddy as well. She came in we caught up with each other then down to business. She asked if I wanted to save the tooth like with a root canal but I said no its in the back I don't need it. Then she asked about the HUGE freckle that popped up on my bottom lip a few years ago, she asked me if I wanted it removed??? Huh I never thought about that & I didn't know she could do that for me?!?!?! Sure why not?!




So now I am one tooth less and missing a chunk of my bottom lip! 

Recovery at home yesterday I pretty much slept off and on all day then had the bright idea to ride to town with Gerard. That was a big mistake. I am one of those people that can't take pain medicine very well. As long as I was at home I was fine but as soon as I got in the car and a little ways down the road I knew I was in trouble. I instantly felt like I was going to throw up but I hadn't had anything to eat all day so there wasn't anything to throw up. I came straight home and back to bed for the rest of the night!After the tooth was taken out the Dr. said there wasn't any way to save it, it was really bad and should've been done something a long time ago and she will send my lip off to be tested and I'll hear from that. Today I stayed home from work #1 because I still needed pain medicine and I for sure can't work while on it #2 my lip is still very scary looking!

Now I have to give a HUGE shout out to my wonderful husband Gerard. Although I feel like he can be very difficult and believes in "tough love" he has taken the best care of me and I am not the easiest patient ever. On the way home yesterday I really wanted a milkshake he said No you can't drink out of a straw, he had to tell me at least 3 times, then I said ok I want a cherry coke from Sonic (so my enemy!!) he agreed to that but as they handed it out the window he hid the straw from me! He's made sure I've ate a little something before taking my pills. Then tonight as I was typing this and he was out picking up our daughter from work he came in with this.....



JUST FOR ME!! Another great reason I love that man of mine ;)

How's your week going so far? What are You training for RIGHT NOW?? I'm hoping I feel good enough in the morning to go run!!

Run Happy ;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

👏👏 I've heard you were a very good patient!!! So glad you are feeling better. So now, forget about tooth pain and help train me to get better!!!! Lol