Thursday, February 5, 2015

Three Things Thursday- What its Thursday Already?!!?

1. Holy cow its Thursday already, you know how when you was younger and people told you about how time flies by as you get older? Well I feel like I am living that life now! Geez every day, month and year seems to fly right by and I am learning that if I don't have a 'plan of action' or really put thought into certain things I just won't get them done! Any of you have this problem?

2. Once again this week I failed to post my Goals for the Week on Monday and I failed to reach last weeks goals. Ugghh am I ever going to get on track?? Yes I know I will and I keep reminding myself that it is still early in training I am coming off of a busy fall that had lots of long runs with my last half of 2014 on Dec 14 (I think:) so I think I have a pretty good base built up. But I WILL get back to better and more proper training I am so close right now it won't take much more!

3. Another goal I am working on with myself is weight. Who doesn't always work on this one but I really REALLY want to lose 10-15 pounds before the first half this year which is the end of March. So I thought setting the goal of 4 pounds per month sounded fair and reasonable. And something I am trying different is to weigh in once a month instead of every week. At the start of January I thought about it and really tried to make better food choices and wondered all the time 'Am I dropping anything, is this working, is this going to work not weighing in once a week?' The later the month went on I kinda forgot about it wasn't making all terrible food choices but not the best either then Monday came weigh in day! Not going to lie I was nervous and already heart broken before I even stepped on the scale.......I am HAPPY to say I was 3½ pounds lighter! Now to just work a little bit harder and hit the mark for February!!

The weekend is almost here ~ Hooray!!
 Who's racing and Where this weekend?? 
I have a 10 miler for training this weekend.

Run Happy;)

3 comments:

Darlene said...

I have a COLD 4 mile race in Lake George, NY.

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

No races until March for me! Great job with the weight loss, that is always a challenge!

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

No races until March for me! Great job with the weight loss, that is always a challenge!