Monday, July 11, 2016

Another Week(or 2 or 3) Gone....



Can anyone else believe how crazy fast this year has gone by?!?!?!! Goodness we are already half way through 2016 and it seems like it just began yesterday!
So I told myself I was going to keep up with this whole blogging thing and here I am behind again. I (think) have a few pretty good excuses to be behind though.

Here's what has been keeping me busy the last few weeks:
On June 20 our youngest daughter FINALLY went for her drivers' permit! Our oldest daughter (22 years old)doesn't drive and to be truthful it's probably a good thing!

This one though.......she is going to be Hell on Wheels (sorry for the language!!)! She has probably been ready to drive since she was born! Its funny how your kids can be so different! I was worried about her passing the written part testing just isn't her thing
                                                                    BUT.....
                                                     YEP she PASSED!!
And the girl can drive pretty darn good!! She has been working at a local Marina since she was 14 and they have golf carts & ATV's that she has been driving since then so technically she has been practicing for a while now. Now she just has to wait 6 months and get her full license.....Watch Out Streets!!!


Then on June 23 we had a terrible evening thunderstorm. We heard a fairly loud noise and one (out of 4) of our cats kept on meowing like crazy. Didn't really think much about it. Then I went to try and get the outside cat in (she's usually under the truck right by the door) and I had to do a double take.....
There was a tree in my driveway!! Guess the cat was trying to tell us what was going on and we just wasn't paying attention!

 Needless to say that was a weekend worth of work! The funny but not so funny thing when we saw the tree in the driveway it knocked down our cable line and my husband said "WOW we still have cable though!" About that very same moment.......Zap there went our power!!! I looked at him and said "But we still have cable LOL!!" We ended up not having power all night and half the next day GRRR!!



How are things in YOUR neck of the Woods??

RUN HAPPY ;)

No comments: