Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Am I the Only One That.......

Am I the only one who scuffs their feet lots (I mean tons!!!) for about a week after getting new shoes??  But I LOVE having new shoes!!!

Am I the only one who gives up on themselves mostly during the winter months?
And then totally regrets it at the first sign of warmer weather??!!

I was finally starting to do so much better with running mostly with long runs since it seemed like that was all I was doing last fall/early winter I even completed a half in 2:09 something!! I was well on my way to better running. Then the month of February hit. I had two races at the beginning and then that was it. I did nothing. And I mean nothing at all. I had no desire to run or go to the kettle bell class with my mom. Just nothing. I told myself it was my bodys way of telling me I needed a break. I told myself that come March I was going to be motivated again and really focus. I did better but still not where or what I should be doing.

So now here we are in April. I ran Run the Bluegrass on the 1st and felt pretty successful with it. The following Tuesday was my first run after. I planned on running 4 miles. I started running and it hurt. Everywhere from head to toe and nothing in particular. I just wasn't feeling it at all! I pushed on until it felt like an all out struggle. That's when I decided to cut it short and just complete a 5k. It wasn't terrible as far as overall pace but it was such a struggle I felt like I was running way faster.

     

I didn't get to run anymore last week and thought I should feel pretty 'fresh & ready' for a 5k on a fairly easy course.

Saturday April 8 I ran the Boot Scoot & Boogie 5k.  I really wanted to do well. Mostly because Gerard decided to join me for the first time in FOREVER!! Not to run the race just to join I was thrilled he went and really hopes he starts going more!! However I did not do as well as I wanted and struggled way more than I should have 😒 but I think it was because I expected so much more. I was happy to receive a 1st place age group medal though!! And I finished in under 30 mins with a time of 29:00!

And its always great to see and spend time with the #Flamingos!!

Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, sky, cloud, tree, hat, outdoor, closeup and nature        Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling


I don't really care about being speedy speedy fast but I want to be able to run an entire distance of whatever I am running AND I want to be able to easily run a 5k in well under 30 mins!  So I still have work to do and I am starting to get really focused and willing to put in the work needed to get there!

What's your current training look like? I may want to copy it lol!!

Run Happy ;) 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

As reported by Stanford Medical, It's in fact the ONLY reason women in this country live 10 years more and weigh an average of 42 lbs lighter than us.

(And really, it really has NOTHING to do with genetics or some secret diet and absolutely EVERYTHING around "how" they eat.)

P.S, What I said is "HOW", not "what"...

Click on this link to find out if this quick quiz can help you decipher your real weight loss possibility