Thursday, August 11, 2016

Lordy Lordy I am 40.....

Age....It's just a number right??  You are only as old as you feel, Right??

I knew this day was coming (hopefully anyway!!). I am not one to let birthdays bother me ever. In fact I usually love birthdays, that is each persons one day in this crazy world that is (should be) all about YOU!
**(Well let my own pity party begin now)** 
I did this all to myself. I had expectations. WHY??? We never "celebrate" my birthday WHY would we do it just because I turned 40?? (We are always on vacation for the hubs b-day, hmmmm ??) He doesn't ever remember its my birthday until after leaving the house WHY would it be any different just because I turned 40?  And then there is my friend issue. WHY did I expect to receive at the very least a text even though we don't talk anymore WHY did I feel like I was special because I turned 40??  (Not to sound greedy because I totally do not feel that way at all but for her bday I made an extra special point to get up extra early to make sure I had a special Facebook post & time to leave her gift waiting at the doorstep to be the first thing seen that morning!! And I am late for everything!) Then I see said friends post for another friends birthday and gifts I was crushed. WHY am I starting to dwell on this again just because I am 40??

 WHY did I sit myself up for failure and failure feelings??

However my work best friend did NOT let me down! I walked into Birthday Wonderland!




And of course my MOM never lets me down. Check out my awesome "Pepper Bouquet"!!!

Ok party is over now. Time to get back to reality.........

RUN HAPPY :)


No comments: