January started out pretty good for me- I was getting miles in slowly but getting them, I was slowly losing some of the "extra Holiday pounds" I put on and was doing a good job of going to aerobics! Well then along came February......... (at least I'm recapping Feb before the end of March:)
* My hubs has now become a distance runner! He has been a runner with me but the most I could ever get him to do was 6mi and that was only once, he never ever really wanted to above 4mi. Now that is a different story. Now he is signed up for 3 Half Marathons (so far) this year!!! The first one and the hardest in my opinion, is coming up March 30
* As everyone knows I am in a constant complaint of how slow I am, how I stink as a runner right now...Well in my opinion I'm still not any better! I really thought by now I would be and I think at this point I am just putting too much thought into my abilities as a runner?!?! Every Sunday when we take off I tell everyone "I already know I will be in the back of the pack, don't worry about me I'll be fine!" I'm starting to not be "fine" with it any more and I think its playing into me thinking too much about my running abilities :( I think part of my problem is taking off too fast which is something I have always done. In the second half of the runs I am dead, worn out and start walking way too much! UGGHH!!!! I need some advice, help or something to get me back on track to where I was!! (I was able to easily do 4 - 6 miles at a 8:50 to 9:00 pace, right now I'm lucky to run 4mi without walking and at a 9:45 to 10:00 pace!!)
* I only ran one race in February and wouldn't have done it if it wasn't part of a series (those dang series I'm always a sucker for them). It was a cross country race on a golf course. The course itself sucked as much as I did!
|That's me in the white shirt and pink gloves, I should have been able to stay with the man in the black shirt beside me but sadly I was about 4mins behind him at the finish.|
* I was doing so good in January. I was going to aerobics twice a week, started doing morning runs again and had lost 4lbs. February came along I gained all 4lbs back in the first two weeks and only made it to aerobics once! I really wanted to get in 75mi for the month but ended up with 68.
* BUT now its March and official Spring is one week away!! New month, new goals & I can feel a come back coming my way:)