Friday, March 30, 2012

A Few Things on Friday

Tomorrow I will be running the Run the Bluegrass Half in Lexington, Ky. This will be one of the hilliest half marathons I have ever ran. Am I ready for it?? Ready as I will ever be I guess. Did I train for hill work properly?  Of course not!?!?!?

I am excited however to be at this half for several different reasons. I will hopefully be surrounded by a couple of friends I have been training with the entire race and we are planning to make the most of it and have fun doing it:)  Also I get to meet a blogger:) Courtney from Third Time's a Charm Runner!!! I am really excited about that it will be my first meet up with a blogger:)) Anyone else going to be there??

Ugghh today is our worst day EVER at work I will be so glad when its over, I'm trying my best to type this in between customers so sorry if this is crazy typed!


I think this quote is pretty awesome:

 A perfect run has nothing to do with distance. It's when your stride feels comfortable. You're on your toes trying to push it. Suddenly you realize you can open it up a bit more. You know you're at one with yourself and the environment. You're a little more alive than before you started.

Sean Astin, actor

Have a GREAT weekend everyone!!! Hope to return with a good half marathon recap:)

4 comments:

misszippy said...

Love that quote. Best of luck this weekend--hope you have a great day there!

Unknown said...

Can't wait for your recap! Good luck on those darn hills.

Suz and Allan said...

Have a great time meeting Courtney this weekend! I'm super jealous. Good luck with those hills!

Courtney said...

it was so great to meet you and your momma! i'll post my pics soon!